4 Ways How to Wear White Loafers: Style Guide
Loafers are a no-brainer addition to every well-heeled woman’s wardrobe. The slip-on-and-go style has the ability to shapeshift from casual to polished, pulling together any look and providing chic comfort throughout the day, regardless of what you have planned. If you are ready to add a pair to your collection, or if you already know and love the look of a loafer but are ready to go beyond the black, it is worth considering an ivory loafer as a year-round staple - their versatility might surprise you.
Outfit Ideas For White Loafers
#1 THE DENIM OF IT ALL
Styling white loafers with jeans is an easy choice. Opt for lighter washes or cropped silhouettes to avoid any color transfer on your shoes; otherwise, have fun with it!
- For more casual days, a vintage tee or slouchy sweater with either white jeans or cropped, distressed straight-leg jeans gives you that effortless cool-girl vibe that everyone is always searching for - this look will pair well with the Neutral Fiona Flat.
- If you need to be a bit more polished, wear the Ivory Fiona Loafer with some structured denim or tailored trousers and a strong blazer for a look that works both on- and off-duty.
- In warmer weather, the Neutral Fiona Kitten Mule is a stunning choice with denim cut-offs and your favorite top.
#2 LEATHER WEATHER
For a little more edge, we double down on the leather. If you happen to have white, great - but don’t be afraid of wearing black with white shoes (it will make the contrast piping really pop, too).
- Grab the Fiona Loafer and wear it with a black leather skirt and a tissue-thin cashmere turtleneck that will carry you seamlessly from desk to date night.
- Leather pants and an ivory knit set can be further sweetened up by the addition of the Neutral Fiona Kitten Mule.
- Cooler temps call for boots: the Ivory Fiona Boot will give you a loafer feel with added coverage and a bit of lift. Wear with a sweater dress and a great trench coat to conquer the season.
#3 SILK STORY
Mixing textures is a great way to add visual interest to an outfit, and few things play better with leather than silk.
- A silk midi skirt or slip dress paired with a cashmere sweater is a lux combination. Grab two in the same color (try black, lavender, oxblood, emerald - you really can’t go wrong here) and your favorite Fiona.
- A matching silk button-up and trousers paired with the Fiona Kitten Mule is an impossibly chic and unexpected combination.
#4 GO FOR BOLD
Keep the majority of your look neutral, and add a bold pop of color.
- Go black on black with your top and bottom, and drape a brightly colored sweater around your shoulders before you throw on your favorite Fiona.
- A tan safari-style shirt dress and the Fiona Flat can be given an unexpected twist with a colorful leather belt or chunky necklace.
- Get as close to monochrome as you can with your choice of Fiona and your outfit, and get your pop of color in with your choice of nail polish and lipstick (bonus points if they match).
Understanding Different Styles
While the color choice might seem intimidating, going neutral with ivory offers a quiet statement piece that is both chic and surprisingly versatile. Coupled with supple Italian leather, quality craftsmanship, and the bespoke detailing found throughout Mavette’s Fiona Collection, a light-colored loafer could quickly become your new favorite go-to. Available in four stylish takes on the classic loafer, the hardest choice you will have to make is which one you should choose.
THE FIONA FLAT
Most similar to a Slipper, the Neutral Fiona Flat has a low profile and smooth, uninterrupted vamp. This style offers a chic pointed toe and a fully padded insole, making it an easy choice for workday or weekend, while the contrast black piping makes them fashion-forward.
THE FIONA LOAFER
Our take on the Pump, the Ivory Fiona Loafer has a sturdy 2” block heel and a cushioned insole that molds to your foot. Cut from supple and sustainable Italian leather, these look just as good in the office as they do when you are casually off-duty.
FIONA KITTEN MULE
The Neutral Fiona Kitten Mule takes the practicality of a Slipper and gives it a backless silhouette and a kitten heel. The 2” heel gives just enough lift to elevate your look but is comfortable enough to be worn from day to night thanks to a fully cushioned insole.
Taking the classic stylings of the Fiona at-large - elegant lines and piping, smooth Italian calfskin - the Ivory Fiona Boot gives a bit more coverage for when it is too cold to wear a proper loafer or if your look needs a little edge. With a 2.5” heel, it is an instant classic that you will find yourself reaching for year after year.
TIME TO PICK YOUR FIONA
Thanks to Mavette’s timeless designs and impeccable craftsmanship, you do not have to worry about whether or not this unique shoe choice will hold up - whichever women’s Italian loafer you land on, it will be with you season after season. Once you have chosen a style that will work for you (a classic Flat, a delightfully feminine Kitten Mule, an extremely chic Loafer, or a cold weather-ready Boot), try pulling different looks from your closet and see just how many ways you can wear an ivory loafer; it might surprise you.
SHOP THE FIONA COLLECTION TODAY.